"But these things I plan for you won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Warning: This isn't a very exciting post...

Ok so this is my list of interesting slash not so interesting things that happened this week:

-I bought a new camera yesterday!!!! YAY! I've finally moved on from my loss of Brown Canon (RIP). Yesterday Cameron and I ventured all over Korea it felt like. We left at about 10:45 am and got home about 10pm. First, we went to Kangnam (Seoul area) and went to Butterfingers, the American breakfast food place. We both enjoyed some wonderful pancakes and BACON. Yummy. Not so cool things about Butterfingers: it's expensive (we both spent about $15-20) and we had to wait for about 45 minutes. Then from brunch we headed to the Canon store and both bought new cameras. We weren't going to buy one becuase we couldn't find one for under like 350,000 Won, but on our way out I glanced over and saw some cameras for around 200,000 Won. I'm pretty sure it's almost the same as my old camera, just a little newer and more megapixels. From the canon store we played this ridiculous game that was on these screens on the street that were touch screen and we had to see how many bubbles we could pop. I bet we looked super cool, but don't judge me, it was fun. We then took quite an adventure on the subway to get from Seoul back to Suwon (this was at my request because I HATE riding the bus from Seoul to Suwon, and Cameron was patient enough to do the subway even though it probably took twice as long). Once we got back to Suwon we went shoe shopping, which was quite unproductive due to Cameron wearing a size 12 shoe, and me wearing a size 8. I didn't know I had big feet, but apparently in Korea I do. From there we went to these "outlet" stores in YeongTong. I say "outlet" because they aren't really outlets. They're the same price as regular stores, so it was pretty much a waste of time. I did buy some new converse though. I'm pretty excited about them.Next, we headed back to my apt so I could drop off my stuff and change clothes. From my apt we headed to the DongSuwon area to do some more shopping at Cameron's favorite store here, empolham. I have some exiting news.... drum roll please.... I finally bought a shirt in Korea. Mark this occasion! It fits and I love it and it has a camera on it, so heck yes.
From shopping we went to Pizza Hut to eat. This was our first time to go there, and I enjoyed it. We had pizza, potato skins, and the salad bar. Yummy. After dinner I asked Cameron if we could walk home because I felt disgusting after eating all that, and he obliged again (even though I know he hates walking!) On our walk home we detoured into this really huge park that has some big statues in it. It was really nice to walk through at night, and the weather was beautiful! We walked back to my house and that was the finale of the night. I went to bed at 11, which is really unusual for a Sat night, but I was exhausted!!!! It was a long, but fun day.

-This is kind of gross, but I've been getting acupuncture to try to help with some back pain I've been having, and I went for the 4th time on Friday, and this is what happened. Basically the doctor finally figures out that the pain is in my back, not my neck and shoulders, and finally starts to treat the correct area. Which, I don't mind that she did my neck and shoulders, because it really released a lot of tension in that area. If you know me, you know my shoulders are usually about as hard as rocks, so there just a little bit softer rocks. Anyway, this time she finds the spot that is killing me, and it really hurt just when she puts pressure on it. All of the sudden she's jabbing me in that spot with a thicker needle and I'm bleeding. They then proceed to put this sucker on the spot she just jabbed and they suck all the dead blood out of my mussles. Crazy right? It was really painful, but hopefully it will help get rid of the pain :) Exhibit A:

Pretty huh?

-Other exciting news... Amy comes in 37 days! YAY!

-Also, I got to see my really good friend Max FINALLY this week. He's going to be in Korea for the summer, and then will go back to DBU in August.
The whole group after dinner and waffles.

-Some very important news. Harry Potter comes out July 17th here. HOLLA!

-this week at school was pretty decent, we talked about the 5 senses. Sound exciting right? It was pretty good because it was all really hands-on learning. Much more fun.

-Also, I got blinds! These were MUCH needed. They aren't cool enough to put up a picture. They don't like make my room black or anything, but they definitley dim the beam of light that likes to come into my room at 5am each morning. I've been sleeping much better.

-Not so cool things. We still don't have an AC. This is very unfortunate seeing as how it's starting to get a lot warmer. It's still cool at night though, so I am surviving by leaving my window open.

-Lastly, we had a bridal shower (wonderfully planned and hosted by Amy) for one of our English teachers, Krista, who is leaving for 2 months to get married.This is after playing the wedding dress out of toilet paper game. Krista is the one in the middle.

This is all the kindergarten teachers after the shower. Please don't judge my hair. I look like a lion, but it was raining that day, ok?

That's the end of my exciting little story.

A couple weeks ago Tina said I reminded her of my dad (which is a huge compliment btw) when I put up song lyrics. So, I decided in honor of him I would have a song with each post. This time is "Whatever" by Steven Curtis Chapman.

I made a list, wrote down from A to Z
All the ways I thought that You could best use me
Told all my strengths and my abilities
I formed a plan it seemed to make good sense
I laid it out for You so sure You'd be convinced
I made my case, presented my defense
But then I read the letter that You sent me
It said that all You really want from me is just

Whatever, whatever You say
Whatever, I will obey
Whatever, Lord, have Your way
'Cause You are my God

So strike a match, set fire to the list
Of all my good intentions, all my preconceived ideas
I want to do Your will no matter what it is
Give me faith to follow where You lead me
Oh, Lord, give me the courage and the strength to do

Whatever, whatever You say...

Proverbs 19:21 "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."

6 comments:

amy said...

Cute blog. So, lately I'm really into reading your posts, which is kinda lame since I hear it all from you in person. Oh well, I just like seeing all the cute pics! :)

Anthony said...

Congrats on finding a shirt! I found a shirt today too!

Leanna Reynolds said...

Great post Ashley. Sounds like you are staying way too busy. You look great BTW, Korea has been good to you. We miss you here though. Wish we could come with your parents but with the wedding and our trip in August Danny is out of vacation time. Glad you got a new camera. We miss you and love you,

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashley! Every post is exciting, you're a natural story teller. Keep up the good work. Thanks for the song at the end, I am quite honored! Cool T-shirt, I like the camera on it. Acupuncture, dead blood, hmmm. Interesting concept. I hope it helps. Does it work on elbow tendinitis? I wish it did. Love and miss you, Padre aka TJ (fishing tackle junkie)

Joanne said...

Hey Ash! Love your blog as usual. Your back hickey is awesome and I hope this helps your pain! Wish we could have seen you in your tp wedding dress, I'm sure you had the best one! Loved your tshirt and glad you finally found one to buy in Korea! Love & miss you! Mom

amymichelle said...

i like the acupuncture story...sorry it didn't really work...so it seems...maybe you should go to a dr. in the states when you are home? you should record when it started hurting, what you've done to try to fix it, ect. and that will help someone figure out what it is. love you!