"But these things I plan for you won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

Sunday, May 31, 2009

All you need to know in life, you learn in kindergarten...


My beautiful pink bike. I LOVE having a bike. The weather has been so beautiful this week that I've gone on a bike ride multiple times daily. I really love the chance to get the exercise and enjoy my little neighborhood.


This is Amy and Eden. These girls make my time here in Korea so amazing. Most afternoons I spend with them just chatting and playing. I love those times. And yes, Amy takes Eden around town this way... haha. Just kidding.

These next pictures are some of the 150 pictures I took of Amy and Eden for her husband, John, for Father's day. If you know John, don't tell him :) it's a surprise! I've been wanting to get back into photography again, and I am so glad I had the opportunity to do this shoot! Thanks Amy and Eden! Please enjoy... Eden is the cutest baby girl ever!












Update for this week: I found this and really liked it...

All I really need to know about how to live and what to do and how to be I learned in kindergarten.
These are the things I learned:
  • Share everything.
  • Play fair.
  • Don't hit people.
  • Put things back where you found them.
  • Clean up your own mess.
  • Don't take things that aren't yours.
  • Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.
  • Wash your hands before you eat.
  • Flush.
  • Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
  • Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.
  • Take a nap every afternoon.
  • When you go out in the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together.
  • Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Styrofoam cup: the roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.
  • And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.
It's officially 44 days until my sister is here. Not that I'm counting :)

No lost children this week. I think? I might have wanted to lose some on purpose though. That's all I'm saying.

6 more weeks of teaching until summer!!!! WOOHOO!

Hope everyone has a lovely week!

5 comments:

Joanne said...

Ash,the pictures are gorgeous! Your calling is photography I believe!! Thanks for sharing! Good things to remember in what we learned in kindergarten! I know you're so excited to have Amy there with you! Can't wait till July 24th! You'll be home! Luv ya and miss ya more than you know!

mom

amymichelle said...

yay for all your fun pictures! they're so great! wow, less than 44 days? yay!!! love you!

Anthony said...

I really like the black and white picture of Eden holding Amy's hand.

-Anthony

Unknown said...

Those pictures are AWESOME!!! Can you come back to America and take some for me? :) Love you and I am praying for you! See you soon!!!

strait_jessica said...

Ash, you are amazing! I love you and I love how talented you are! I can't wait for you to come home. Let's have a Harry Potter movie marathon night and then go to the theater and see the new one? What do you say?