"But these things I plan for you won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

Friday, June 12, 2009

My little kindies

So I thought I would share these stories from work yesterday....

First, this one is hilarious. I had a really hard time teaching for a while after this happened. To preface this, we had a REALLY bad day in my afternoon class on Thursday. So, as punishment I made them write down all the days of the week and all the months of the year (not an easy task for 5 year old ESL learners). I think I got a little to much pleasure out of punishing them, but that's not the point of this story. Anyway, so they're all laying on the ground so they can see the board, and I look over at my sweet Jean and see something hanging out of her shorts. I keep staring for a little bit and can't figure out what it is. Then, she gets up to get a closer look at something on the board, and she has a ton of toilet paper hanging out of the back of her shorts!!! It was sooooo funny. I could not stop laughing. There was a Korean teacher in there at the time, so she told her in Korean and Jean quickly pulled it out and put it in the trash. I had a really hard time recovering after that. Even as I'm typing it I can't get over how funny it was. I feel really mature sitting and laughing to myself in my bedroom :)

So the next thing was something so cute that I can't even really explain it... and it was one of those times that I really really wished I understood more Korean. (which btw, my level of understanding is really improving I think... at least school vocabulary). Anyway, so I'm out in the hall waiting on one of my classes to take them up to our phonics classroom, and I see two of my boys from my elective class sitting on this bench out side in the hall. One of them was crying and the other one wasn't. But the way they were talking to each other looked and sounded like they were mature adults. It was so cute. It was almost as if the one who wasn't crying was like, "you know, sometimes hard things just happen, but the Lord will get you through it..." and the one who was crying saying, "I know but it's just so hard..." That's what it looked like at least. It was a priceless moment that is forever engraved in my mind. Basically it just made me really miss my friends from home... Chelsea, Amanda, Lauren, Samantha, Ali, Jess.... I miss you girls so much.

Also, in other news... I'M GOING TO CANCUN! It's official! We bought our tickets yesterday. Lauren, Samantha, and I are going to Cancun August 6-11 for some much needed R&R on the beautiful beach. We're staying at the Barcelo Tucancun Resort if you're interested in looking it up and getting jealous :)

And lastly, I'm excited because I finally weighed myself since I've been here, and I'm down 16 pounds! Hopefully it keeps going down... I've gotta get in shape for the beach/lake this summer!!!

Som pictures from last night: we went to Outback to eat and then to see the new Terminator movie...

Love you all!

Ok song time:
I sing this song with my kindies each day... I just love the words. "Royalty" by Hillsong Kids (Thank you Ali Lyons for introducing this song to me!)

God made me who I'm meant to be
He loves me just the way I am
God made me who I'm meant to be
His dream for me is so amazing
And for this simple reason I am happy to be me
Whoa Oh, Whoa Oh, My God watches over me
Whoa Oh, Whoa Oh, I feel like royalty
And for this simple reason I am happy to be me

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hey Ash! Great title, and priceless moments for sure! Weigh to go! Keep doing whatever you're doing, and you'll get there. HOT HOT in TEXAS! 97 degrees today + humidity = 100+. We have beaches on lake Granbury, probably cheaper than Cancun, oh well.....You'll enjoy it. Love, 父亲 PS Good song!

Joanne said...

Ok Ash, I'm posting a comment so you'll keep blogging! Loved the stories, keep them coming! The song was great too! So proud of you in your weight loss, wish I could say the same! Missing you here out at the lake! Maybe we'll finally get the boat out this weekend. Can't believe it's the middle of June and we haven't even had it out yet. Can't wait til you get home, it's getting closer! Luv & miss ya so much! mom

amymichelle said...

great stories! that's so fun! i like the royalty song. i've seen it so many times in your lesson plans and never knew what it was. love it! i wish i could sing it in my class! maybe it can just be background music sometimes...

wow! the days are getting closer and closer! now that I have some down time, aI will be a better commenter :)

love you!