"But these things I plan for you won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

Monday, June 22, 2009

"The Drawing Show" Field Trip

So these are pictures from our field trip on Friday... we went to this really amazing drawing show. It was basically just 3 artists drawing in different ways and they made a production out of it. So amazing. My new Korean lunch box :)

I made sandwich rolls... the top are PB&J and the bottom are ham and cheese. Usually student's parents pack kimbap (similar to a california roll)... which I don't like, so I packed my own lunch to share this time.


One of my kiddos


All the kids lined up waiting to go inside. These are their casual uniforms usually worn on PE days.


One of my special needs kids... he's so cute!



The artists at the show.


The last drawing they did. So amazing.


All the kids fell asleep on the bus ride home... they're precious!



And the VERY best thing... a fake traffic man. Why hire real humans when you can have a mannequin standing there? Way to go, Korea.


This is a video of some of my kiddos playing rock, paper, scissors (they play that ALL the time here). They're just so cute I couldn't resist.

Song of the post: "I Would Die For You"-Mercy Me

And I know that I can find You here
'Cause You promised me You'll always be there
Times like these, it's hard to see
But somehow I have a peace, You're near
And I pray that You will use my life
In whatever way Your name is glorified
Even if surrendering
Means leaving everything behind

5 comments:

Bman said...

Cool pictures. Love the traffic guy, do you think it is actually like ferris bueller's day out. That the traffic guy thought he could get the day off if he dressed a manakin in his clothes and no one would notice he was gone.

Anonymous said...

g r e a t f i e l d t r i p ! i dont recall going to an art show at anson jones elem school. if only i were a kid again. no lost kids! good job! uncle mike would not approve of the traffic cop impostor i dont think.... good video, action blog is always cool. love 아빠

Joanne said...

Wow, you got a post from Brandon really early, you should feel lucky! Looks like it was a fun day and wish I could have been there to see the artists. Looks cool! Kids are adorable, thanks for sharing them! Love ya! mom

Anonymous said...

omg, your students are sooooooooo cute. lemme transfer out of here away from these disobedient pubescent kids, lol.

so this was what art thingie you were talking about that day. it's so detailed. wow

amymichelle said...

i like brandon's comment...i think we should try that some time...i wonder if we would get in trouble if we just did it for a few minutes to see what would happen! oh how funny! if the kids in a classroom thought it was a real teacher!

i love the video...they are sooo cute! i don't know how anyone knows what's going on though...i don't understand anything.

awesome art show! i wish we had those!