"But these things I plan for you won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

Thursday, June 18, 2009

First I thought I'd start with a few of my favorite things about summer in Korea:
1. It's sandal season! But hey, don't worry, you don't have to give up your socks. It's perfectly acceptable to rock the socks with sandals.
2. Why wear a regular visor when you can buy one that bends at the top so you can cover your entire face with it. I'm serious. They have these. A lot of people wear them. They look like sun helmets.
3. Yes. Please put your garbage out in the morning after the trash collectors have already come. That way it can bake in the afternoon sun and smell up the entire street. Brilliant.
4. There's nothing I love more than extremely sweaty children hugging and rubbing all over me.

So this weekend, Anthony, Caroline and I went to Itaewon since none of us had ever been there. It is an extremely touristy place with more foreigners than I have seen since I've been here. It was strange being able to understand what the group walking next to you was saying. Weird. Here are some pictures from that adventure.


First of all, we went to the crocs store... and we finally found some shoes in Korea that would fit Cameron :)

This is a street in Itaewon.


I took this one just for you, Chelsea Calcatera :) I miss you, My Chelsea.


Anthony and I in front of a cool painted wall.


Shiny suit alert!


Where we had dinner (on the left)


The restaurant we ate at. My Thai China.


Inside of the restaurant. It was such a neat spot! Also, every waiter that worked there was EXTREMELY good looking. Anthony claims I was distracted all night... he said he could just see my eyes moving back and forth the whole dinner. Sorry Tones!


Me and Carolina. aka Caroline. I don't really know why I call her that. We made jokes all day because she's Korean, so it looked like she was Anthony and I's tour guide. Too bad no one knows she's really Canadian...


Our really yummy food!


And afterwords we went to the amazing waffle place. Caroline had never been there, so we took here. We mixed it up a little bit though... apparently they have chocolate waffles now. I don't like chocolate stuff like that, but that's what they ate. I got pot bing su, which has ice shavings, milk, ice cream, rice cake, fruit, cereal, and some other stuff in it. I really like it.... usually it comes with red bean crap in it too... I definitely said no thank you to that!

Now fast forward a couple of days to Thursday at school. We are in our "water" unit, so today we made little aquariums for the kids and gave them all a little fish to put in it. Fun times.



Jean with her fish and her aquarium.


Rae Won and Alice with there aquariums and fishies.


I thought I'd show you my awesome sticker chart. This is from one of my classes. Notice they don't have many stickers.... this is my "difficult" class. You might see some Xs over stickers. I'm sure you can guess why.

And lastly, this is another craft we made this week. This is Miss Ashley's example. I know, I'm so talented.


And lastly, I just really miss these girls and have been thinking about them a lot lately, and this is for them for old time's sake :) I think this is one of the first pictures we ever took together. LOVE YOU. (Oh, and thanks for letting me leave the house like this)
Ok that's all for this update. I hope everyone is well... 26 days until Amy comes!

And the song choice is Meredith Andrews' "You Invite Me In"

I’ve been searching
Wandering and hurting
Ashamed of the shape I’m in
Afraid you’ll see who I really am
But you invite me in
Doesn’t matter where I’ve been
Your arms are open wide
There’s nothing left to hide
How can this be
A love so unfailing
Reached down and lifted me
From ashes to beauty
And you invite me in
Doesn’t matter where I’ve been
Your arms are open wide
There’s nothing left to hide

3 comments:

Leanna Reynolds said...

Ash, As usual, I loved reading your update. I am jealous of all theneat places you are getting to see. By the way you look awesome. love you and miss you.

Anthony said...

I wish I could do cool crafts at my kindergartens.

amymichelle said...

wow! you are so crafty! i'm so impressed with your aquariums! you have to show me how to make them! so fun! glad you had fun on your travel adventure! can't wait to make our own! love you!