"But these things I plan for you won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ode to my 아빠 (dad)


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, DADDY!

My top 5 favs about my dad:

1. He always came home at night and left work at the office.

2. He's not afraid to try new things! How many dad's do you know that wakeboard??

3. He never missed a single dance recital, choir performance, voice recital, piano recital, or special event. This means a lot since he didn't have any boys! He always had to sit through these girly things :)

4. He loves his family like Christ loves the church.

5. He taught me to always persevere and to do everything 100% and to not be a quitter!

I love you Dad, and I miss you so much!

I will leave with this:

God took the strength of a mountian,

The majesty of a tree,

The warmth of a summer sun,

The calm of a quiet sea,

The generous soul of nature,

The comforting arm of night,

The wisdom of the ages,

The power of the eagles flight,

The joy of a morning in spring,

The faith of a mustard seed,

The patience of eternity,

The depth of a family need,

Then God combined these qualities,

When there was nothing more to add,

He knew his masterpiece was complete,

And so, He called it ... Dad

-Author Unknown

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome! what a special message. thanks so much. you have to have God and supporting people in your life to be good at anything. I'm blessed to have a loving family and wonderful friends. It will be a great day! have a great week! love you DAD

Joanne said...

Well said Ash! I want that picture! When you're home, we're going to have to go through all of your pictures so I can get them.
mom