"But these things I plan for you won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

There Must Be More Than This... Oh Breath of God Come Breathe Within

I'm not even sure what I want to write about right now. All I know, is I'm going through a lot. I've been having an extremely rough time here in Korea this year, and every day I think that I made the wrong choice to stay one more year.

I've become a bit of a shut-in these past 3 weeks or so. After working 11 hours pretty much every day (8-7 with no breaks is the new norm), life has become mundane, exhausting, and full of anxiety. Basically, my work has spewed into every part of my life, and there is pretty much no separation between inside/outside my workplace. I don't have time for anything, and when I do have time, I'm too exhausted to do the things I love. I've spent my life promising myself that I would never be that person who let their job be who they are. I'm becoming my own worst nightmare. I spend everyday counting down the days to Saturday... my one day of freedom. Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?? Not that I can see right now.

I don't write this so that anyone will worry, or feel for me. But, if you think about it, please pray for all of us here in CCA kindergarten. I'm not the only one having a really hard time for sure. Pray for peace, for unity, for wisdom, for hearts that love our kiddos, and for REST.

I also do want to note, that I'm learning ALOT. My heart and my character is being molded deeper and deeper in my relationship with the Lord. I'm pretty sure God has brought me to this place to break me, and to restore me for the better. I am definitely learning that God designs our limitations just as carefully as our strengths, because who we ARE NOT makes us who we ARE. I also believe that accepting my circumstances is a part of accepting who I am. I know with everything that I am that I am supposed to be here, and God carefully and purposefully ordained this time of trial and hardship.

Here's my song for the day:
CONSUMING FIRE: TIM HUGHES (Listen HERE)
Verse 1:
There must be more than this

oh breath of God come breath within
There must be more than this
Spirit of God we wait for you
Fill us anew we pray
Fill us anew we pray

Chorus:
Consuming Fire
Fan into flame
a passion for your name
Spirit of God
fall in this place
Lord have ur way
Lord have ur way
with us

Verse 2:
Come like a rushing wind
Fill us with power from on high
Now set the captives free
leave us abandoned to your praise
Lord let your glory fall
Lord let your glory fall

2 comments:

Muddy Bottom Boys said...

Praying for God's wisdom, knowledge, joy, rest and peace that passes all understanding...that you be filled up to overflowing!!! Love you and am so very proud of you!! Thanks for the song..haven't heard that one. Great way to start the day!
Love, Aunt Beth

Mark C said...

Hey Ash - Be cool on the "wrong choice" thoughts. Embrace the choice you made and know that each day is a victory as God guides you. S. Korea is plainly no fun gig in the far east when it comes to teaching. I think this experience will get you through many things in the future. Be strong. YOU CAN DO IT! Love you and pray for you daily. DAD