"But these things I plan for you won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

Friday, March 5, 2010

Rough week...

So I've had an unbelievably rough week. Probably one of the hardest weeks I've had in a long time. From working 11 hour days all week, to a crazy first day of school, to losing a dear family friend, I just am so ready for this week to be over.

It's times like these when I just want to be home with my parents. Laying on the couch with my head in my mom's lap, while my dad eats ice cream out of a coffee cup (X2 haha) in his chair next to the fire, while we watch the Biggest Loser or American Idol or something silly like that. I feel like a child saying that, but I don't think you're ever too old to go home.

Here's to hoping for a restful weekend, and a week full of new things.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

You're definately never too old to be home with 'ol mom and dad especially when you want to lay your head in my lap!!! Definately miss having you here to hug on with this week going on. Sorry you've had such a stressful and tiring week. Rest up and hopefully things will be better next week. Love you and miss you even more after reading this! Hang in there sweetie!

Mark C said...

Sorry about the rough week. Those are just part of life, and in your situation so far from home you just have to rely on God and the people around you. Just think how well God is providing for you over there, at least you have food and shelter, right? Hang tough, and remember we love you and are proud of your sacrifice. Think "My best days are ahead of me." Well of course they are!