"But these things I plan for you won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

Saturday, March 6, 2010

애슐리 선생님 (Ashley Teacher's) Classroom!

So I finally got a chance to take pictures of my classroom! Since I'm sure you've all been anxiously awaiting these pictures, enjoy! Oh, and just as a preface, there's not a lot on the walls because the church uses our classrooms for Sunday School, so we're not allowed to put very much up on our walls, and most of what we do put up, we have to take down every Friday. Also, all the furniture, carpets, and shelves have to moved every Friday and taped off into one corner in the room so the church doesn't use our supplies. It's extremely obnoxious taking apart and resetting up your classroom every week... :/

The Carpet for circle time, and for playing games during play time.

Our big bulletin board...

My David Goes To School bulletin board. It's supposed to look like one of the pages in the book where David is staring out the window daydreaming in the clouds. He's looking out the window, so what you're seeing is the back of his head (that's why there's no face). Our first day activity was decorating their clouds. They can't write their names in English yet, so they just colored them :)

I'm really proud of this bulletin board! It made me feel super teachery, if you will. You can't see it, but the clothes pins have little lady bugs on them! So cute!

English center is behind the piano :)

Cubies for backpacks and folders, and where they hang up their jackets. Also, Jisun teacher's desk.

Sinks and water fountains.


Me and my partner teacher, 안지선 선생님 (Jisun Teacher... or her English name is Sunny). For those of you who don't know, I teach in a full Bilingual classroom. Every aspect of the program is completely bilingual, meaning the day is half in English, and half in Korean. I really love my job this year so far, and I really enjoy working with my partner teacher. We're going to have such a good time this year!

Jisun and I again... she's so cute!

One more time. Oh, and I forgot to mention, I really have the cutest kids of life this year. I can't wait to get to know them, and enjoy being with them all day! Yay! High hopes for this school year!!!!!

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Awesome job on the decorating Ash! Love your "what we learned this week" board. I'm assuming you used the cute ribbons I sent you? Hope you liked them. It is such a pain yall have to take all of that down every week though!! Sorry! Love you and have a great week! Mom

Mark C said...

WOW nice classroom! I love visual stuff and you did a great job with all of the learning deco. I'm sure you and Sunny will teach your kids a lot of cool stuff this year. Thanks for the update. Have a great year! Love, dad.