"But these things I plan for you won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

Sunday, March 21, 2010

No news

So I really wanted to update because my last entry was so depressing, but I have nothing cool to talk about. There is something really exciting happening, but it isn't final yet, so I can't talk about it today. When it's for real, I will definitely write about it.

Basically I spent the whole weekend locked up in my apt. I went home sick Friday at about 2pm from school because I felt like I was dying. My throat hurt worse than it has in my whole life probably, and I felt very feverish. I was definitely a lousy teacher on Friday. I hid in the Lego corner during play time so that I could just rest and look like I was playing! haha. I asked to go home at lunch time, but my principal insisted that I teach my phonics lesson before I went home (even though at this point I could barely speak, mind you). Such is life in Korea... there's no such thing as calling in sick or taking a day off. Anyways, at 2pm I bolted as fast as I could out of there and went straight to the ear, nose, and throat doctor. After a very uncomfortable check up of prodding in and out of my nose and throat, he said I had tonsillitis, and another "itis" I couldn't understand through the broken English. I got pills for about 5 days, and a gargle.

After doing nothing but rest, watch movies, and read for the whole weekend I am happy to say I am feeling much better. Definitely not 100% (I still can't talk very well), but I think I'll be fine to go to school on monday... not that I have a choice.

I hope everyone had as cool a weekend as me... be jealous.

Maybe I'll have something cool to talk about next time. Sorry for tricking you into wasting your time by reading this.

Here's a song for today:
"Running" By: Kari Jobe and Klaus (Listen to it HERE)

I hear the voice

It’s the voice of the One I love

He’s callin my name

I hear the voice

The voice of the One I love,

Hes callin my name

Hes sayin…

"Come up higher

I hear the angels sing

Come up higher, my beloved

Come up higher and leave this world behind

I find you to be beautiful"

I am running, running after You

Youve become my soul’s delight

I am running, running after You

Here with You I find my life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you're feeling better.. hope you get 100% soon.. although the nasty yellow sand storm from china certainly is playing a number on my throat as well >_<

Anthony said...

I'm glad that you're feeling better! ^^

Mark C said...

I just got over a bad sore throat. Glad you feel better! Working when you're sick and around kids makes no sense at all to me. People who don't see the woods for the trees get very bad headache from running it to trees! Old Chinese saying that I just made up. Have a great week! Luv dad