"But these things I plan for you won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

Saturday, February 21, 2009

안녕하세요 (Ann-yeong-ha-say-oh : Hello in Korean )


Anthony in the position you most often find him in... he always sits or lays down with his computer and falls asleep there. You just can't leave him anywhere or he'll be gone!


One of the best creations in food history I believe. This was an exceptionally great waffle! For some reason, the fruit is just phenomenal here. It's crazy how good all the fruit tastes. And this waffle was better than any I've ever had in the states (sorry mom! haha), apparently this guy has won awards for his waffles, and he deserves them! Yummy!


Cameron, April and Anthony got a waffle with ice cream and fruit


This is a pretty exciting street at night. It's a lot of clubs and bars, so there's always a lot of drunk people, but it's still fun to go down. There's also alot of really classy American soldiers that hang out there (and by classy I mean they're the type who give Americans a bad name in Suwon).


Athony and I around Suwon station somewhere


Cameron and I


A random fortress in the middle of Suwon. Not very many historical buildings survived the Korean War, so this is a big deal.


Me in front of the fortress thing.... Please notice the french fry looking food in my hands. This is a typical example of things that look really tastey but are in fact not at all. They were like sweet potato sticks that were so crunchy I thought I wouldn't have teeth anymore. Needless to say I "accidentally" left these on a shelf in a store somewhere. It was disappointing since they were so good.

We found this in a 1000 Won store (like the $1 store in the US) so funny!


So today this car decided it could just drive on the sidewalk. Awesome.

So I haven't really been doing anything too exciting recently... I haven't had to work and everyone else has, so I've been pretty bored. I'm finally comfortable venturing out on my own, so I do quite often. I still get lost quite frequently trying to master public transportation, but I never feel lost because I know at any point i can just get in a taxi and get back home. So it's always good learning experiences to take the bus. I don't think they really have subways here?? I just take the bus as often as I can because it's like $.75 each time, as compared to a taxi which is about $4-5 each time. The boys live about 10min away by taxi, so if I'm in a hurry I'll take a taxi there, but I can also take the bus which takes 20-30 minutes.

Erik, April, Cameron, Anthony and I have been really building a little "family" here. Most nights we trade off cooking dinner and eat as a "family" together. It's pretty cute I think! haha. Last week we had fried chicken and sides (compliments of April and Erik), tacos (compliments of me) and spaghetti (compliments of April and Erik). I think it needs to be Anthony and Cameron's turn to cook! I've really enjoyed our time cooking and eating together, it helps when are families are so far :)

Well, next week I start working full time, and I start teaching around the 9th of March.

Love you all and miss you dearly,
Ash

5 comments:

Joanne said...

Why is Anthony so tire? Reminds me of your dad! ha! Those waffles look so good, can't wait to have those when we come visit! So what was the Texas thing yall saw? Glad yall are venturing out seeing new things but be careful when you're by yourself! You know you don't want to freak me out after seeing Taken! When you the see the A. soldiers again tell them their a disgrace and to be real men!! Have fun this week at work and love & miss ya lots! mom

Joanne said...

not sure why it put maybeth's name so i'm doing this again to see if it changed

Leanna Reynolds said...

Hey Ash. I am having so much fun following your blog. Thanks for keeping it updated. You are experiencing so many things. BUT... like your mom I want you to be careful. We love and miss you, tell "the boys" hello. Leanna

Muddy Bottom Boys said...

Hi Ashley!! Sounds like y'all are having a great time. I'm with your mom on the going alone thing..BE CAREFUL! We are very proud of you! Have fun with the kiddos next week! Love You, Aunt Beth

Kristin Ray said...

ASHLEY!!!!

your facebook status lead me here. I was very intrigued by your recent move. I am SOOOO excited for you! asia/asians are amazing! soak it up. i bet your family is flipping out/missing you dearly. I am going to add you to my blog list because I definately want to keep up with you on this adventure.

blessings,
Kristin Ray
kristinmray.blogspot.com