"But these things I plan for you won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Least exciting post yet...

Ummm so this was the highlight of my week. It's very sad. This was the only thing noteworthy enough to take a picture of this week. You might be thinking to yourself, "but Ashley, this is just a picture of bowls of water..." However, these bowls were my only means of having a "hot" shower for about 3 days this week :) Apparently in Korea if you don't pay your gas bills they shut off your gas... hahaha. Who knew?? Basically, my roommate thought the bills were coming automatically out of her pay check, but surprise! They weren't... thus we were without a stove, heat, or hot water for a couple of days. Then.... on Friday, our internet got cut off! hahaha. We also weren't aware we hadn't been paying this bill! We kept getting letters with April's old roommate's name on them, so we assumed they were her cell phone bills... but no, no, no... those were our internet bills. I feel like a true poor person this week... our gas and internet got cut off because we weren't paying the bills. Ooops. Who knew? BUT we got it all paid for and taken care of, so everything should be fine now. We still don't have internet, but luckily someone else in our building does, without a password, so I'm just mooching off of them. Haha.

It was a short week at school this week due to home visits on Thursday and Friday. I didn't go on Thursday, and stayed in the office with the other English teachers. It was a much needed day to get caught up. I am proud to say I am 2 weeks ahead in my lesson plans! Thank goodness. Hopefully this week will be much better planning wise since I got ahead.

Home visits on Friday were a wonderful experience. We left about 8:30am and returned at about 6pm. Me, a pre-k teacher, and a pastor visited 11 students homes on Friday. Basically, we went in, there was a lot of Korean spoken (obviously), a lot of fruit was eaten, tea or coffee was served, the pastor would pray for their family and children, and then we would move on to the next student's house. We spent about 30 minutes in each place. It was really neat to see how the kids live, and to see the insides of many Korean families homes. I found it really interesting... somehow I didn't see it being appropriate to take pictures though! haha... so sorry there's no photos to share!

Friday night I went to dinner with Cameron at a really yummy spicy chicken food place. It's so good! We tried to go see a movie after that, but we missed it and the next one started too late, so we just went to the grocery store to get some things and called it a night.

Sat I cleaned my apt hard core. It was pretty disgusting, especially the bathroom. After the fun filled day of cleaning, I went to the boys apt and made them dinner. I made biscuits, chili, and brownies. Unfortunately I failed miserably at the brownies and basically wasted one of my precious boxed mixes, but every thing else was really yummy. After dinner, Cameron and I went to see Slumdog Millionare. It was fantastic, and I would recommend it to everyone!

The boys are still as busy as ever, but I got to see them more this week, so I was grateful for that. Anthony is still sick, so please pray for him.

I miss you all very much. Please eat some Chili's chips and queso for me... and get a Sonic Diet Coke for me... haha.

Sorry this was a pretty lame post. I'll try to have a more exciting life this week :)

3 comments:

amymichelle said...

I love all your posts, even if they don't have exciting pictures! I'm glad you got so ahead on planning! Way to go! You'll be so glad you did it...keep it up! The other post and pics were so fun too. So many exciting things going on! Your birthday is almost here! Going shopping now for your present! Love you!

chelsea said...

i didnt think it was lame, i enjoyed hearing about your day to day. also slumdog is awesome, good decision on that.

chelsea said...

also i miss you a lot.