"But these things I plan for you won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

Saturday, March 7, 2009

급하게 가지 않아도 되요 (I'm in no hurry )


This is me with all the Kindergarten teachers after our entrance ceremony. Most of them are in school uniforms for a skit they did, they don't normally dress like that! I'm pretty easy to spot in this crowd right? haha


I don't know if anyone remembers Dunk-A-Roos, but this is the Korean equivalent, and I am so happy! They're so yummy!!


It snowed here last week!!! So crazy. It snowed really hard too, all morning. This is at my school, all the kids walking to class. The area in the background is our prayer garden.


This is my school. I just realized I hadn't put up any pictures of where I worked, so here it is... I love it! I'm on the first floor. This is the new building, there's another one behind here. This building is K-2, and the other building is grades 3-9.


This is my apt. building... I'm on the 5th floor at the top. Very exciting.


This is the kindergarten office at school where I work.


This was a yummy ice cream cake someone brought to our English Teacher party this weekend. Somehow I got nominated to be the Social Director of all the English Teachers. So, this was the first party I planned. We had a pot luck dinner at one of the teacher's houses. It was pretty fun I would say for our first party.


This is some of the English teachers at the party... about 5 people had already left. Starting from the left, it's Caroline (Kindergarten), Me, Marianne (1st and 2nd), Sarah (1st and 2nd), Krista (kindergarten), Cameron, Anthony, and Ken (middle school). Also, Sarah's husband, Micah (5th and 6th) was taking the picture.


This was after Korean class on Sat. Starbucks are few and far between here, so we stopped to get some, and take a picture.


Erik and I on the bus ride home from Korean class. It was about an hour away.


Later Sat night we met up with a Korean friend from DBU, and this is us on the train going to her hometown, Anyang.


This is Hyun Jung (Sarah). We met her at DBU, and it was so fun meeting up with her again!


Where we hung out in Anyang!


Cameron, Hyun-Jung, and I in Anyang.


We had some of the best Kalbi (Korean beef) I've ever had. It was sooo good, and really cheap too. We ate sooo much, it was a little ridiculous.


Cameron and I at dinnner. Look how awesome I am with the chop sticks! haha.


We met some of Hyun-Jung's friends at Karaoke!


I'm not sure what we were singing at this point, but it was fun!


The whole group after Karaoke!


This is Suwon Station at night! So pretty!


In other news, I start school tomorrow, so I'm very nervous/excited about that. I'm looking forward to finally be able to get in there with the kids and teach. However, after my Korean class on Sat, now I know what these kids feel like, so I'm going to do my best to make them feel comfortable. I had such a hard time in the Korean class, it was so fast and overwhelming, I want to make sure I don't do that to my kindergarteners!

And lastly, I'm afraid I'm becoming transparent. I frighten myself every time I look in the mirror because i'm SOOO WHITE! My skin misses the warm Texas sun!

Love you all and miss you lots!

3 comments:

chelsea said...

i miss you so much!! your post is awesome. you're so cool and im so jealous of all your adventures.
i love you and think you are just the bees knees

allye said...

oh ashley, it looks like you are having so much fun! i also love reading your posts and looking at your pics. you're going to be a great teacher. i'm excited to see pics of those lil asian faces. love-allye.

amymichelle said...

i love all the travleing pics! so fun!