"But these things I plan for you won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

Friday, March 20, 2009

Mark this day... I FINALLY had one good day at school!


This is one of my students working hard on a "G" worksheet. We were studying the letter G, so we made glasses to help them complete their G worksheet. They were so cute, but hated me taking pictures, so these are the only ones I was able to sneak...

Some more of my students... from the left it's, Joo Ha, Justin, Joo Eun, Jin Hee, and Kyong Yoon.

This is Joo Ha, Justin and Joo Eun. They're so cute!

This was in the menu at our favorite burger place, Krazee burger. They're the closest you'll get to an American burger here. Yummy.... we went here to celebrate April's birthday.

Sorry Cameron. Haha.

Me and Anthony and the birthday girl

This is the inside of Krazee burger. I love it.

April's cake and coffee.... Hans cakes=AMAZING

April, Erik, and Anthony at the coffee place

Cameron, me, Rury, and April just before cake time!

The amazing cake! This was probably the best cake ever!

Rury, April, and Erik.... the cake was so yummy.

We went to costco.... and this was by far the best purchase! hahaha. I have to really give myself limits with these! haha. I promise one of those tubs is Aprils!

April's most valuable purchase... Costco is the only place you can find Dr. Pepper

The best day! I got my package from Mom and Dad!!! So exciting!

The amazing stash of goodies that was in that small box. Amazing packing job Mom! I got my Northface jacket (yay!), UNDERWEAR (this was soooo needed), cookie and cake mixes, biscuit mixes (can't wait for these), and the best thing: CONFETTI CAKE!!!!! I'm definitely saving that one for my birthday!

The amazing Samgupsal we had for April's birthday, Round 2.

Andy!

April, Hyun Jung, and I

Cameron and James.... don't be decieved... this isn't the same night, Cameron just really likes his new giraffe sweat shirt. Good thing I convinced him to buy that! haha :)

The goods! Yummy... I think all of you back at home would like this

the group (minus James... he was out side) April, Hyun Jung, Me, Erik, and Andy. Also, minus Anthony... he is really sick. Pray for him!

Narae, Cameron and Hyun Jung at the coffee place we went to after dinner.

All of our cell phones are friends :) haha

Erik's coffee. So cute.

April's 2nd birthday cake!

Cameron. I love your giraffes. So cute.

April, Me, James and Andy...


So, teaching wise this week was better for all of us I think. The start of the week was HORRIBLE, but Thursday and Friday were great days. I finally just cracked down and had a zero tollerance policy with the kids, and it really helped. I made new rules and behavior charts, and I think they just needed the structure. Hopefully this week will be really good. It's a short week next week, we only have school Mon-wed because Thurs and Fri are home visits. Every teacher in Kindergarten goes and visits every student's home in their class. This way they can be more aware of the child's home life and how their parents are, which can definitely help in the classrooms. I will go with one of the teams each day. I think it will be a great experience, so I'm excited. I'm more excited that it just means planning 3 days next week!!!! haha.

Love you all very much!

-Ash (cameron and anthony too)

3 comments:

Leanna Reynolds said...

Ash, great post. I am so glad your days at school are getting better. Sounds like you have found some good solutions. I am so proud of you. Thank Goodness for Costco. Enjoy those cheese puffs. Looks like you are having so much fun. Love ya, Leanna

Joanne said...

Ash, I'm so happy you had great days Thurs & Fri and I'm sure they'll just keep getting better. That will be great to go to the kid's home and see how their lives are at home and experience that. I loved them in their glasses, they're so cute!! April's cake looked so good with those raspberries on top (at least that's what they looked like). You seem to be doing ok in finding things you like to eat! The burger place is really cute too. Glad you liked all your goodies in your box and hope you like your new undies!!ha! Thanks for sharing all the new pictures especially of the kids! Love ya and miss you so much!
mom

Tina Pitts said...

Hey Ashley! Wow I'm so impressed with your teaching skills. I know those kids love you. Seems like you have a fun and exciting life over there, but we think about you all the time and pray for you. May God continue to bless you and your service!
Love,
Tina