"But these things I plan for you won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lovely times with Lolly

So I know I'm really late in posting this, but here's the pictures from when Lauren visited!
Lauren's first night in Korea... eating Pork Kalbi for dinner! Yummy!

Steph, Caroline, Me, and Lauren... so fun!

Day #2... out on the town. Daniel, Cameron, Juan, Stephanie, Me, Lauren and Kathy. I call this party street because I don't know what it's really called

Liiiiiiiittle bunnies in liiiiiiiiiiittle t-shirts

Eating dinner... Samgyupsal at Bulzip... so good! My favorite. Cameron and Daniel- we had to waste some time while we waited for people, so we played cards.

BESTIES!

We tried to get waffles, but the place was too crowded! We went for Potbingsu instead. YUM!

One more time minus Juan+ Me

Day 3! Waiting for the train to Seoul!

Lauren enjoying her first train ride!

We made it to Seoul Station

We stayed at Ibis Hotel, Myeongdong! SOOOO wonderful! The location was absolutely ideal!

NO FORGET THEM!

Waiting in the ridiculously long line to go up to Namsan (N. Seoul) Tower.

Posing like the cute little Korean that she is deep down.

I was trying to run away from all the pushy people! Goodness! We were going crazy!

On our way down the mountain...

We were making fun of someone we saw take this picture I think...

Lauren with all the Love Locks!

Me with the thousands and thousands of locks!

Day #4: Dog cafe. On our way we decided to have Potbingsu... I of course got it on me....

We needed to waste a couple of hours before the Dog cafe opened, so we toured Yonsei University. It's one of the top schools in Korea.

It's very ivy league...really beautiful campus

DOG CAFE: so... a dog cafe. What is it? you might ask. Well, no, you don't eat dogs there. You play with them. Lots of them. They run around the tables and sit on you and everywhere else. Pure craziness. I definitely went so Lauren could have the experience... not because I wanted to! This dog's name was Annie.

Surrounded by doggies. She loved her life.

I, however, did not... totally freaked me out at first.

Then, I decided I liked them. This fluffy husky was awesome.

The end of our dog cafe day...

Day 5: Gyeongbukgong Palace.

notice we're behind the ropes... it was the only way we could get a shot using my timer :)

Then a nice man took our picture :)

Day 6: Shopping day and Olympic Park Day... Potbingsu... again.

Another lame timer picture at Olympic Park

Where the 1988 Summer Olympics was held!!

Woohoo! It's such a cool place!

So fun!

That night, Cameron came to meet us for dinner... so nice of him!

The last night :(

So, there's a lot more pictures, but I hope you enjoyed the hilights! It was definitely a really great time! I'm so grateful she was here! So refreshing!

Ok, time for bed soon... I hate Mondays! I'll post ASAP about my wonderful weekend getaway!

1 comment:

Mark C said...

Great words in the title, lovely times. I'm sure Lolly's visit did your soul some good in Seoul! Looks like ya'll had an amazing visit. That is cool. Sorry we didn't get to talk much this weekend. Let's catch up next weekend. HOLIDAY weekend for us. I am very pumped! Love ya, and have a good one. DAD