"But these things I plan for you won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

Sunday, May 16, 2010

50 Things I Love

So my dad turned 50 on May 13th, so I decided I needed to make a 50 Things I Love About My Dad list (sorry it's a little late)...also, alot of these apply to you too Mom so don't feel left out :) haha

1. He taught me how to love the Lord.
2. He works with integrity.
3. He loves my mom.
4. Recently at Christmas he's been getting us only from Dad gifts... this year we all got Pumas, last year we all got Vans, the year before, I think we got books... so fun.
5. He has 2 small bowls of ice cream every night, rather than just eating one bigger bowl.
6. He sacrificed for me to go to the college of my choice.
7. He doesn't play card games that don't require thinking.
8. When we were little up until probably middle school, he would make our beds on Sundays. Every now and then on a Sunday morning I'll get out of the shower to find my bed made.
9. He researches everything so thoroughly before making a purchase.
10. He always had time for us.
11. He never missed a dance recital, choir concert, or church performance.
12. He always encouraged me in the things I was passionate about... playing keyboard, dancing, photography... the list could go on
13. My first car he got me was a Porsche. Unfortunately it didn't last until I turned 16. I think I was just his excuse to buy one :)
14. I've always known he's proud of me.
15. Sometimes he would let me get away with things mom wouldn't...
16. He let us have a dalmation after we watched 101 Dalmations and we even got to name her Penny.
17. He works really hard, but never let it affect our home life.
18. He was the best small group leader at Student Life Camp, and was always passionate about the youth he taught in Sunday School.
19. He's never too hard to please. I never feel inadequate.
20. He bought me my first camera, essentially instilling in me one of my great passions.
21. He's always encouraged me to see the world.
22. He is SO good with kids. So much fun to be around.
23. We have the bond of pickiness with food.
24. He's ok with just sitting on the couch at night and watching our family TV shows.
25. He loves to read, so I love to read.
26. If he ever gets mad, it is for about 2 seconds, and then he speaks reasonably.
27. He takes the time to read my blogs and comment on them :)
28. He takes us on trips.
29. In college, he sent little surprises in the mail to let me know he was thinking of me.
30. He's always willing to teach me.
31. He can't sit still to save his life! Always going going going, just like Big Daddy.
32. He loves to talk about whatever he's passionate about.
33. He can fix anything.
34. He can build anything. Really.
35. He never gives up when it gets diffucult.
36. He's a good friend.
37. He plays games with us, even if there's a game on he wants to watch.
38. He takes us to Baseball games.
39. He loves Mexican food, just like me.
40. He respects my mom.
41. He goes out of his way to help people.
42. He never lets me get left behind.
43. He taught me how to wakeboard.
44. Any time he heard me talking bad about my friends, he would tell me not to.
45. He taught me how to pray.
46. He lets me be who I wanted to be.
47. He's always patient with me.
48. He learned to skateboard once! haha
49. He taught me how to love others.
50. HE LOVES ME!

The End. Happy 50th, Daddy! I love you and wish I could've been there to celebrate with you!

5 comments:

Joanne said...

That was so sweet Ashley for you to do for your dad! You're so awesome! Love you! mom

Mark C said...

Ash - A thousand thank yous for the 50 list! Very cool. I was very humbled to read them. I think the underlying theme is living by the golden rule; do unto others (and your kids) as you would have them do unto you. (Doing a double take when something you are about to do is selfish works too). Love you Ash. Have a great week! Dad (I'm still waiting for my pair of Pumas and another real sports car CAMARO!)

Mark C said...

#51 Let's me ride and drive his new 2010 Camaro. HA.

The Emo said...

Ash, that was such a sweet list! What a great and thoughtful daughter you are!

You're such a cutie!

Megan said...

Tears welled up in my eyes as I read your sweet list. Reminds me of my dad and spurs me to be an even greater parent to my little love!

You are a blessed daughter!
Love you!