"But these things I plan for you won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Lost Photos of My journey to Seoul in January


Here I am in Las Vegas... you can barely see the slot machines behind me. I won $10 and decided I would cash out while I was ahead :) Little did I know I would be in Vegas for FOUR hours waiting for my flight to San Francisco to catch my connecting flight to Seoul. Well, we finally got on the plane after waiting forever, and when we got on the runway, the pilot told us we were going to have to sit for another hour on the runway. I was worried about missing my flight to Seoul beacuse I only had 30 minutes from the time the plane would land to catch my next flight. When the flight landed in San Fran, I pushed my way through the crowd and started running (with my huge carry ons mind you). Unfortunately, my new flight was on the complete opposite side of the airport. When I got to the gate, I had missed the final boarding by 3 minutes. I was told there was no way for me to get on the flight. I left the gate slowly, feeling so exhausted, and very worried. Here I was, by myself in the San Fran airport. I reported to United ticket counter as directed, and was told that I would be unable to be on another flight until the next day in the afternoon. I walked away almost crying, but I held it together, so I was proud of myself. I spent about an hour back and forth with my mom on the phone, and finally decided I would just stay at a hotel we had stayed at before in San Fran since we knew it was safe. This was fine with me because I LOVED that hotel! So, I have to admit, I got a little excited about the prospect of my own little adventure in San Francisco. Unfortunately, the weather was HORRIBLE... so cold and so rainy. I had no jacket and no umbrella... let's just say it was quite uncomfortable. BUT I finally made it to my hotel via shuttle, and I was sooo happy!

This was my cute little room :)

I was so excited by this point! It was actually really nice to have a chance to rest before my LONNNNG plane ride to Seoul.

The dark and rainy Fisherman's Wharf...

Some more fisherman's wharf.

The next day I caught my flight to Seoul with ease, and you guessed it, made it to Seoul safely. The End.

2 comments:

Mark C said...

Good job "thinking on your feet" in San Fran and not panicking! I'm proud of you for handling a tough situation very well. I suppose they didn't teach you that @ DBU, but college definitely helps you helps you rationalize problems better. NICE HOTEL. Tough life eh? LV DAD

Anthony said...

Craziness!