"But these things I plan for you won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

Psalm 139:13-18 (New Living Translation)
You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
and knit me together in my mother’s womb.

Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.

You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.

You saw me before I’ve born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
before a single day had passed.

How precious are your thoughts about me, Oh God.
They cannot be numbered!

I can’t even count them;
they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up in the morning,
you are still with me!

So, I thought in celebration of my 23 years of life, I would write a list (I know, I just wrote one) of the things I hope for the next year:

~I hope that I will learn a lot as a teacher at CCA and work hard to improve every day
~I hope that I will have a close relationship with my kiddos by the time this year is finished
~I hope that the relationships that I have will continue to grow deeper
~I hope that God will be merciful in my shortcomings
~I hope that God will continue to break my heart for the nations
~I hope that I will continue to grow and mature through the Word of God
~I hope that my best friends will have jobs they love and are passionate about
~I hope that I can have an even deeper relationship with my family members
~I hope that the Lord gives me direction for post-Korea
~I hope that I can find a church that I really can grow in and feel a part of
~and most importantly, I hope that God will be gracious in providing me a husband! *^^*
~and even more importantly, I pray that I will live a life worthy of the calling I have received!

The End. Here's to 23 wonderful years.

From then...
me and the big sis :)

To now...

2 comments:

Mark C said...

Great post as usual! Love the list and the scriptures. For 23 you are showing wisdom and perseverance beyond your years. I am very proud of you! Keep on keeping on. As they say, "may the road rise up to meet you" until your next birthday. Remember, you have an army of supporters back in the U.S. We are here for you. Have a wonderful birthday, and we miss you lots! Love dad.

allye said...

Such a good birthday post! Happy birthday Ash! I admire you for what you are doing in Korea, and how you are living such a wonderful adventure! You're great. Have an awesome birthday. Love you!