"But these things I plan for you won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Photo dump

So I have a lot of pictures I haven't posted yet from the past couple of weeks. Enjoy :)

Anthony turned 23 November 5 and Kathy threw him a surprise birthday party. I was really awesome. Mostly because we finally got to watch SNL's "Surprise Party" skit... we've been missing it... we can't watch it online here because we're in Korea, so Kathy bought it for him on itunes. If you haven't seen the surprise party skit, PLEASE watch it by clicking here. Be prepared to laugh harder than you have in a while.
Here's the birthday boy himself with his bestie Pak In.

Annie decided to come too. She sent a package full of party supplies, complete with pictures of herself on sticks. It was awesome.

We like to call this the language corner. Jake and Alyssia rarely speak in English. No one ever really knows what they're saying...

Narae, Roori, and myself. Love these girls :)

Something was clearly funy... I don't know what? But it was the most glorious cake.

Again, something about a presesnt he was opening was really funny. I think it would be the couple shirts someone gave Anthony for him and Kathy. Really awkward slash really amusing for all.

AWESOME gloves. If you want any of these for Christmas, just let me know.

I definitely had to try these out.

Anthony and all his church friends.

The DBU group.

The special crowd.

Pak In, Anthony, and Pak In's girlfriend, Halla.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next group of pictures is from the Jubilee women's retreat I went on a couple of weeks ago.

The Jubilee women's ministry logo. I'm the second person on the bottom of the right leg of the M.

The whole group. Can you find me?? haha. I'm the 3rd from the right on the front row.

Two girls from my small group, Dabin and Heidi.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These pictures are from the mini birthday celebration we had for Krista at the Indian food place. YUMMY!
Amy, Eden, Krista, Me and Caroline... Erin was taking the picture

Krista blowing out her mini cake

The whole group of present and previous CCA kindergarten English Teachers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of weeks ago, my friend Daniel and I figured out that we both attended small group Bible studies... his made up of Baylor people and mine made of DBU people, so we decided we should all meet each other. So, my group ventured out to Seoul (BangBae) to meet Daniel's group. It was a fantastic night! We're hoping to all meet again soon before Christmas.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
And lastly, I went to eat Indian food again... like 2 days later. I LOVE it so much. I crave it all the time, so thankfully my friends indulged my craving, and we all went out to have it.

Stephanie, Anthony, Pak In, Pak In's friend, Jake, and Cameron. We had our own room... I'm pretty much a celebrity at this place. They always give us free stuff now, and I'm pretty sure it's because I come here way too much.

I feel like I shouldn't been interrupting whatever they have going on in this picture...

The whole gang. Oh, minus Cameron...

The end. I hope everyone is doing well. I'll be home in 33 days. Not that I'm counting. I'll be in Daegu for the next 3 days for an ESL certification, so don't try to call me or anything. Miss everyone so much!

Memorable quotes from this week:
My student, Min Joon, looked up at me, pointed to my hair, and said, "Teacher, wig?"

Oh, and today, we were reading the book Giraffes Can't Dance and one of my students said, "Teacher, you are elephant." Thinking this was another fat joke, I said, "JinHee, why is teacher elephant?" she simply said, "the elephant is gray. Your shirt is gray." I was sooo shocked. hahaha. No fat jokes this week? This is too good to be true.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics and comments from your kids...very cool. Very proud of you (Korean teachers soooo want to be your partner next year awesome). Have a great trip this weekend. We are counting the days to when you get home too! 아버지가 사랑

amymichelle said...

glad you're having fun!

Anthony said...

I like the elephant comment the best.