"But these things I plan for you won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

Monday, November 9, 2009

Counting Down To Christmas

So this post is basically just because I want these pictures to be in my final book that I make out of this blog when I finish my journey here in Korea. I've already put these pictures on facebook, so if you've already seen them just move right along... there's not much else interesting here :) Just skip to the end and listen to my song recommendations at the end!

Last week when I had the days off for the swine flu, Daniel, RooRi, and I went to the N. Seoul Tower. It was pretty neat. Basically it's famous for couples coming there to put locks along the fences that surround the tower. It's CRAZY how many locks there are... thousands and thousands and thousands. You'll see for yourself in the pictures to follow. I think it's supposed to symbolize something like locking your love in forever... or something overly sentimental like that. Who knows.
I'm sure these guys love their job.

SOOOOO many locks. We all felt REALLY single at this moment, so Daniel was expressing that feeling :)

Locks everywhere...One of them said something like this: "Married Oct. 1998, Married again July 2004." Wow. So sentimental. Haha.

The North Seoul Tower in all it's glory. It was hilarious because it had a comparison chart on the highest towers all over the world and it came in last.

The view from the top... SO many buildings...

Bench fail.

The most awkward bench of life. Seriously.

Me with all the locks!

There was a teddy bear museum. Seriously there is one of these everywhere I feel like. Koreans really love their teddys apparently.

The view from the bathroom sink! It was so amazing!

Me and RooRi with the beautiful fall colors!

Daniel loved his life.

Yay for leaf throwing! One of my favs!

Walking along the Cheong Gye Choen River (Or at least it's called something like that)

We're pretty presh.

RooRi, Me, and Daniel. LOVE this one!

Yay for a fun day in Seoul on a lucky day off from school WOOHOO!

Hope everyone has a fantastic week! Miss you all dearly and ABSOLUTELY CANNOT WAIT to come home for Christmas!

Oh and here are some of my favorite songs right now. Just click on the words and it will take you to a link so you can hear them :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashley! Glad to see lots of smiles in all of the pictures. I guess your mom and I will have to come back so we can visit that tower. COOL LOCKS MAN! We sang "Enough" in church yesterday. That song gets me every time. It makes me miss you more. God is more than enough, so we make it through our days. Have a "more than enough" week! Luv Dad