"But these things I plan for you won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Faithful One

God has been constantly reminding me of His faithfulness. Something tells me that's what He's trying to teach me right now... hehe. So many things have been happening in my life lately that just completely point to the Lord's faithfulness. The biggest thing is just that lately I've been feeling really really isolated and alone. I'm constantly reminded of just how alone I am in this far away land... but at the same time I am constantly reminded of His presence here. I've been super busy with work and have been out of town a couple weekends, and I just kind of feel like my friendships here haven't been what they were. I feel like I'm in a constant battle to keep myself in with the DBU crowd here... it certainly makes a difference when you're the only one working somewhere else. I've learned that things will never be what they were, and I need to let go. It must be part of this wierd phenomenon called growing up eh? The past couple months have been ones filled with being broken and restored. Constant molding. BUT, can I just tell you? I am sooo grateful for the things I'm being taught here. I'm learning that it's ok to be by myself. It's ok to FULLY rely on my savior. It's ok to focus on taking care of me. It's ok to be in the background of friendships instead of up front. It's ok to be broken. I'm learning that there is no shame to not having it all together, and I can in fact rejoice in that!

Also, being issolated here has made me aware of how painfully single I am :) I'm prayerfully and patiently waiting for my Beloved... and I know that God is going to be faithful in taking care of me on that level. Two very real examples of this, are two of my dearest friends Chelsea, and Gracie. These two ladies have been a HUGE example for me in the realm of patience. I have spent many a conversations with them on what it means to wait for His timing. I am so grateful for their examples of what it means to be a woman after God's heart. THANK YOU to both of you, and congratulations on your engagements last week!!!!

The beautiful Chelsea and her FIANCE! So excited for you love! Getting married March 6th! Yay!

And precious Gracie. Getting married January 23rd!

Aren't both of these women just glowing so beautifully knowing that they're about to marry the ones that they have waited so patiently for their whole lives for??? And how exciting is it to think about that God created that person JUST for you, knowing exactly what you would need?? GOD IS FAITHFUL!

I'll write again soon :) 26 days til I'm home for Christmas! yay!
Song for today:
Hillsong: "Desert Song" (Listen to it HERE)

This is my prayer in the desert
When all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in my hunger and need
My God is the God who provides

This is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flame

I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain
I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

This is my prayer in the battle
When triumph is still on its way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand

All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've received I will sow

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ash Ash - Way to figure things out. If I were in your shoes, even at my age, the isolation and down right missing Texas would put me in an isolated state of mind. Not good. I think God uses these times in our lives to strengthen our faith and make us get out of the boat, and walk on water. Keep the faith, and you'll find peace of mind. See you soon. luv dad

Joanne said...

You're my hero! Don't think I could do what you're doing. When I read you're blog this morning it tore me up because I knew you were upset with what's been happening and then all I saw was that you were lonely and isolated and it broke my heart and upset me. I read it several times today but seeing it tonight God showed me all the good you said and that you are learning and growing just like God intends us to do. We go through hard times to learn to totally depend on Him and I'm so proud that you are seeing that and learning from that. I'd rather you not have to go through this pain but I'm so thankful you see what God is doing and that He is totally faithful to you and me. Thank you for being so brave. I'm praying for you and praying for your "Beloved" also. I know he is going to be a very special guy because he is getting a very special, one-of-a-kind, crazy fun girl! I love you so much! Christmas can't get here soon enough! mom

Anonymous said...

desert song... i've been thinking about that song since the beginning of the week. to be refined by fire. hmmm...

Anthony said...

Ashley,

I really admire your positive attitude. I'm really glad that you are letting God mold you through these difficult times.

-Anthony