"But these things I plan for you won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Rents in The Land of Kimchi

So this is in two parts because blogspot wouldn't let me upload as many pics as I wanted to, so this is part one:
Day one: this is on a walk through my neighborhood to my apt.

Eating (on the floor) at one of my favorite Kalbi places! They loved it! (much to my surprise!) It was also Amy's favorite food while she was here too!

All three of us at the Kalbi place :)

Me and Mom

Day 2: after our Chuseok breakfast with the Billy Kim family. This is in a prayer garden at my school where we were staying.

My parents in front of my school

At the Korean folk village. It's basically a mock up of Korean life in all the different areas of Korea way back in the day. You can try on clothes and try out different ways of life.

Dad and I harvesting rice... so cool

Mom and Dad in a traditional Korean home.

Me and mom grinding some grain I think

How royalty was carried. I barely fit in this thing. Surprise.

Continuation of our trip on the next post :)

2 comments:

Anthony said...

Looks like y'all had fun. Good pictures!

Joanne said...

finally a new post and of our trip! thanks! need all those pictures! could you at least maybe send all of them to ipix and have them printed and sent to me? look forward to next post! love and miss ya!