"But these things I plan for you won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

Friday, October 16, 2009

Parent's visit continued...

So this is the continuation of my parent's visit to Korea, blogspot wouldn't let me put any more pics up :)
My Dad was kind of obsessed with red peppers while he was here. Basically red peppers are the most prominent ingredient in most Korean food I would say.


This is during our visit to Hwaseong Fortress in Suwon. This little visit turned into a major hike, but it was good! It was my first time to do the big hike too.


We ran into the Turner's while we were there! So I just had to take a picture of this little cutie. So was attacked by mosquitoes the night before, thus the band-aid.


Mom and Dad during the hike up the wall.


Dad "firing" the cannon.


Halfway up the stairs... ah!


We finally made it to the top! What a view!


After our big hike we went to eat Indian food! Yummy! (Dad didn't enjoy it very much!)


Mom and Dad eating their Indian food! This is one of my FAVORITE places in Suwon.


The next day we went to COEX mall in Seoul after going to my church.


After COEX we went to Insadong in Seoul. Here I am buying some yummy snacks for the parents.


THEN, we went to Myeongdong that day too. I really wore my parents out that day.


My dad enjoyed that potatoe on a stick snack! It's one of my favs too.


We went to have some yummy burgers at Kraze Burgers in Suwon Station.


We went to the waffle place!!! YAY! They loved it just as much as I do!!!


We went to Yeongtong where the boys live to have dinner at the best spicy chicken place ever!


The whole gang (minus Kathy who was taking our picture) at the spicy chicken place!


After the spicy chicken place we went to Karaoke!!! YAY!


They sang some Eagles, Carpenters, and Abba. NICEEEE


Our last day after we got off the bus because some really smelly ladies made mom feel really sick. But we took this opportunity in the middle of nowhere for a photo op.


After getting off the bus on the way to Seoul, we came across a driving range. Dad wanted to try it, so we did! I really liked it! The balls just automatically keep coming up from the ground onto a tee. Amazing.


Me giving it a shot.


By the driving range was a sculpture park in front of Suwon World Cup Stadium.


Dad immitating the sculpture.

Suwon has some really really pretty walkways!

We went to an outdoor market called Paldemun. This is the food section. Lots of crazy cool stuff.


In the middle of the road by the market.


This is for Uncle Mike!


By Yeongtong again on the big bridge by the boys apt.

Our last meal in Korea :( My parent's favorite, so we went there again! So good!

So thanks again for coming Mom and Dad! It was sooo wonderful having you here and having you get to see my life here!!! LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We ENJOYED seeing how you live and soaking up the s. korean culture(espec. food!). It was a wonderful trip and I am so proud of what you are doing! Keep on keepin on... I will definitely have to go back and see some more sights. Loved it. We'll be looking for local korean food.. Love you DAD

Anonymous said...

wooooow, you did so much stuff with your parents. it was only for a few days right? that must have been really tiring but i'm sure you made lots of good memories. i'm really jealous actually. :*(

amymichelle said...

so fun! i can't wait to come back and go to all these fun food places :)