"But these things I plan for you won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

Friday, September 11, 2009

Wold Festival Songdo


Hellooooo everyone. So last Sat, Anthony, Caroline, Stephanie and I went to a global festival in Songdo. We rented a car since it's about 1 1/2 hours away from Suwon, and spent the whole day out there. Songdo is a brand new state of the art city that's supposed to be the next biggest thing in international technology and business. The global fair had lots of different stores, foods, and activities from countries all over the world. I had Napali food for lunch and it was fantastic! If you want to check out this crazy new city, you can go to the website by clicking HERE.


Anthony got a little windblown in the backseat...


Um so this said "flying toilet germs" so I thought it was noteworthy and hilarious, thus the basis of its appeal for a snapshot. Sorry it's blurry, I took it while I was going to the bathroom :) TMI?


Outside the front of the global fair. Anthony, Caroline, Me, and Stephanie.


Lucky for Anthony they were giving out free Ajuma (old lady) visors. Seriously though, these are all the rage in S. Korea. It's crazy. No one wants a single centimeter of their face to see the sun. Good for them I guess.


All the ladies in front of a fountain...


Ummm this was super cool. It was like an upside down garden of lots of diff kinds of squash. Pretty amazing.


Mmmmm they looked so tasty.


These were a little bit scary.


Yeah, that's right. I've been in THE Trojan horse. How many people (other than the 1000s that have been to this fair) can say they've done that??? Ok, I admit, it wasn't that cool. But still.


I don't know what this was I just know my stubs for legs weren't long enough to get on it.


We went to see this AMAZING circus show. This was before it started.


Ummm so our butts were two big for us to fit in this... so either it's made for one person, or two Korean people.

Carolina playing with some Korean thing. Sorry, I truthfully have no idea what this is...


There was a teddy bear museam or something. Amazingly enough it had the longest line to get in to. Koreans love their teddy bears. We didn't go in so we settled for a picture. I look like a little kid in this picture and I love it.


This is a string of kites! Can you believe it! It's soooo amazing. They were still putting more on when I took this picture. So cool.


My view of the kites...


We went to see a 3d film about "tomorrow land" which is part of the new city. It's got all the latest technology. SOOOO crazy/cool. It was like being in the movie Minority Report.


Anthony riding a tredmil but it feels like your walking through a park on the screen. Neat.


A thing you could sit in and try different hairstyles on you and see what you'd look like with plastic surgery (koreans also love their plastic surgery) and what you'll look like when you're old. SCARY!


At the end we took a picture for the memory tree... see below:


Where your picture shows up...


On the roof of Tomorrow land


All of us together... I didn't mean to be so snuggly with Tones... I thought everyone else was closer to me :) haha


Some robots that will be used in the new city. SOOOO cool.


We saw Super Junior in concert! I really like them. We saw this song.... (click HERE for video) Basically Super Junior is HUGE right now... especially this song "Sorry Sorry" it's super catchy. I like it alot. It'll get stuck in your head though.


Then after we went and had a REALLY late dinner of Samgyupsal on our way back to Suwon. Yummmmmy.

Okie dokie. That's all for now. Oh, highlight from tonight: Getting to sing "mmmbop" at Karaoke tonight. OH my goodness it was awesome. Thanks to Kathy and Stephanie for singing with me! Such a fun night!

I'll update again soon!

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Way cool Ash! Thanks for sharing all of the fun stuff! So jealous you get to see all of that! Love ya!
mom

Anonymous said...

Hey hey! Songdo huh? What a cool place. Thanks for the photos and creative journalism....Seems like S. Korea is way ahead in cool technology put in places. Can't wait to see a lot of these cool places. Have a great week, and don't fall asleep in class. LUV YA. DAD

amymichelle said...

That is AMAZING that you got to go to the World Fair and Tomorrowland! So awesome!