"But these things I plan for you won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

Saturday, September 19, 2009

What a week.

Well hello there everyone... I hope this finds you well. I'm beginning to believe no one reads this but my parents since no one comments on it anymore. It's very sad :( Haha.
Seriously though.

So here's a compilation of what's gone on in good ole Korea in the past week give or take. Enjoy.

This is from last Saturday when Cameron and I went to Seoul. We spent the day at COEX. Highlights of the day: eating On The Border and Buying Korean phrase books in the best bookstore in Korea. Also we saw this creepy rock/statue thing on the bus ride home:

This is Karaoke from some night... I don't really remember. Anthony was a little crazy that night, as you can see....


Stephanie, Anthony, Kathy, Me and Cameron after Karaoke. This night I got to sing "MmmmBop." It was truly amazing. I miss Hanson.


This is from dinner last night. Caroline found a new kind of Samgyupsal that's like smoked so it has kind of a woody taste. It's good for something different to eat.


Park In and Anthony eating Korean style...


Me eating a really hot pepper. I didn't know it was a hot pepper until the moments after this picture in which I seriously thought my lips were going to fall off. Oh man it burned.


The next series of pictures is from the DBU Asia outing they took today. Luckily, they invited me to go too :) It was a great day spent at Gyeongbokgung Palace and in Myeong Dong Shopping!


The whole group minus Kathy who was taking the picture. Anthony, Cameron, Stephanie, Tim, Enny (SP? sorry), and Me. This was in the subway station right before we walked out to the Palace.


The front gate of Gyeongbokgung Palace.


The guards outside... I think that's what they were?


I think this picture is hilarious because almost everyone's eyes are closed. It was really sunny today.


This one's a little better. Cameron, Enny, Tim, Me, Tones, and Stephanie.


Waiting on people to get out of the bathroom...


Another gate in the Palace.


Me and Kathy. I really liked this wall... so pretty.


I look Korean right?


This suits Cameron well I think. Haha.

All the single ladies...


Another cool building at the Palace.


I had fun editing this one. I wanted it to look kind of dreamy... I like how it turned out.


I really like how this one turned out...


Tones and Kathy in yet another section of this place. It was huge.


I really love this picture of us. It was taken in the room the Emperor would go to think.


Kathy getting connected to her roots. HAAA.


Picture from the Subway station. This picture was an accident but I kind of liked it. It felt like we were in a cave down there.

The next pictures are from the most ridiculous things I have seen in a while. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these pictures. I laughed at Kathy for so long about these pics. Enjoy.


At first glance it catches you off guard right??? So good.


Didn't expect that one either right? So funny.


Our lunch of Bulgogi.


Some spicey Bulgogi.


Antonio and Steph


The other side of the table at lunch. It was pretty good.

Ok, that's all for this update. I hope everyone has a great week. Please keep all of us over here in your prayers... stresses and pressures are high and everyone is struggling to keep up. Please pray that we will be patient with the people we work with, and that we will be dilligent in our work!

Miss you all dearly! Mom and Dad get here in 12 days! Woohoo! Can't wait!

Song lyrics for today:

"Come thou fount of every blessing
tune my heart to sing thy grace.
Streams of mercy, never ceasing
call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonet
sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise his Name, I'm fixed upon it
Name of God's redeeming love.

Oh to grace how great a debtor
daily I'm constrained to be.
Let thy goodness like a fetter
bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord I feel it
prone to leave the God I love.
Here's my heart Lord, take and seal it
Seal it for Thy courts above."

7 comments:

Anthony said...

I really like the way you edited the pictures! They turned out really well!

Anonymous said...

Some of the best post pics so far! Good job! Looks like you had a fun day. Looking forward to seeing you soon.....LUV D

chelsea said...

i read your blog...hater

amymichelle said...

the pics are so awesome! that looks like a really fun palace. by the way, Karrie, Laurie, Kristin Ray, and Kim (McKinney) Huffman all read your blog...I just asked them last night. So...don't fear of people not reading it :0)

Megan said...

Hello Ashley dear! I just saw your blog for the first time tonight! It's lovely, and of course covered with beautiful pictures.

Looks like you are all having lots of fun in Korea. Will pray for peace, joy, and focus for you all.

Much love from Texas... Megan

Leanna Reynolds said...

Ash,

I read your blog all the time. I check it even more often. Your mom and I are sitting in a Panera Bread in Branson, MO. We both say hi and love you. Glad you have made your decision and you are happy with it. Praying for you daily.

Marilyn said...

Ashley, I really don't read anyones blog very often including yours. ---just thought I'd try honesty. But I did read it today and enjoyed your pics and narrating. Do you think that statue was supposed to be an elephant lying down?