"But these things I plan for you won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hong Kong=Awesome

Hi Hello! I hope this finds everyone well! I had a wonderful trip in Hong Kong... so here's the story in pictures! Enjoy!

This is us doing the "Korean Cultural Experience" in the airport. We were there a little early. We made some dangly things that you hang from your phone.

The finished product :)


Our hotel room. It was really nice.


View of the city while we were going to get on the ferry to Cheung Chau Island.


Our first picture on the Island!


We rented bikes and rode around the beautiful Island!


Caroline is better at this than me!


My legs are too short.


The beach for swimming... I wish we had our swim suits :(


All the fishing boats... sooooo many!





Our dinner the first night back at a market in Hong Kong. This is some kind of noodles, ginger, and chicken.


The next day we met up with my friends from DBU that are Hong Kongers if you will. It's Helen, me, Sebastian, and Candace


All the girls with the Harbor in the background.


The Hong Kong convention center I think

We went to have coffee because it started pouring!


Then we went and had some native Hong Kong food... Chinese BBQ. We had pork and duck. My first time to eat duck. It was pretty oily.


The harbor at night! So beautiful!


Right before we said goodbye to Sebastian :(


After going to the market the last day we had to go home. This is on the tram at the airport.

The End. It was really fun. There's more pictures, but I'm lazy :) This is the overview. Amy gets here in 6 days. I can't believe it. YAYYAYAYAY! That means I'll be home in 16 days! Oh my goodness!!!! HOORAY!

Ok love you guys. See you SOOOOO SOON!!!!!!!

Song of the day:

"Ruin Me" by Jeff Johnson

Ruin my life, the plans that I've made
Ruin desires for my own selfish gain
Destroy the idols that have taken your place
Until it's You alone I live for,
You alone I live for!

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Looks like yall had a fun time.The island looked beautiful. Glad you're getting to go on all of these adventures and seeing the world. Better have some great places for us to visit when we come! See ya soon! love ya! mom

Anonymous said...

Ash - I'm jealous and so proud of your sense of adventure! Thanks for the story in pics (short version is ok). I think I could survive the food if you can! I have had duck already, oily yes, repeat eat, NO. We'll leave them for lake decorations and eat the fish instead. Glad you had a good time. See you soon! Love, Dad

chelsea said...

jealous, jealous, jealous.

Anthony said...

You forgot to mention how excited you were to get back and see us because you missed us so much.