"But these things I plan for you won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Home Stretch!

Hey everyone!

So I just wanted to let everyone know that I finished off my first semester of teaching! I am officially finished teaching for this semester. I will just work Mon-Wed of this week finishing evaluations and preparing flash cards for next semester (fun, fun!)

I am thrilled to say that Amy will be here in 2 days!!!! Oh my goodness, which means I will be home in 12 days! This is so crazy. I can't explain how ready I am to come home!

Basically I am only spending three more nights in my apt because it will be a little crowded when Amy is here, so we'll be staying in hotels while shes here. It doesn't bother me one bit to actually have a normal shower and a room bigger than a cubicle :)

I spent most of this weekend in my apt. I think I left like 2 times, and that was to go to church, and to go to the neighborhood store to get a beverage. It was nice to not have any responsibilities for once and just relax.

Fun things planned for Amy's visit:
-Wasong fortress in Suwon
-Karaoke
-yummy Korean food
-3 days in Jeju island (check out our hotel at http://igh.co.kr and click on the far left pic) we will have a rental car and we'll go to the beach and do touristy stuff and relax!)
-teaching summer camps 8-12 M-F. We're doing a VBS with 4 year olds (activities include: tie dye, brown paper bag vests, sponge tag... and more fun stuff.... it should be good!)
-Myundong and Insadong (fun markets in Seoul)
-Whatever else cool we decide to do!

Ok, next time I update will hopefully be with pics from Jeju with Ames!

Love you all! and see you in 12 days!!!!!

5 comments:

Anthony said...

Has your blog always had music?

Joanne said...

Glad you had a relaxing weekend and having a short work week. I know you can't wait for Amy to get there and I'm a bit jealous I'm going to miss out on all the fun yall are going to have. Enjoy the fun time together! I need a really good picture of yall for a frame I have so take a cool one for me while yall are out. Can't wait for you to get home! love ya! mom

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a semester well done! Way to go! I wish we were in the home stretch for no more 100 degree days. HOT in TEXAS. The lake is low low low. Boat/Jet ski lifts getting close to hitting bottom. Not good. Have fun with your sister, sounds like a really fun schedule. Are you planning better now? HA. Love you, and looking forward to trip details and your smiling face back in Texas! Dad

Ladymontague02 said...

I hope you guys have a fun time! Enjoy the sister time, It's hard to come by, I know!

I hope you can make it out to see Cate before you go back!

Love ya!

chelsea said...

congratulations!! i am proud of you and excited you are done. can't wait to see you!