"But these things I plan for you won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

Friday, June 11, 2010

Let Go. Let God


So I'm finally ready. Really.

I've been afraid for a long time. I thought, if I let go, I'm going to be alone. I cried for a long time, wondering what my life would be like without the thing that I hold most dear.

It's time though. Time to let go.

It's time to realize that God is still filling every one of my needs, no matter what I think is missing.

I can no longer rely on the thing I was holding on to, but understand that God's love will take care of all that I can't accomplish.

I had to ask... where in my life am I holding back from fully responding to God? What's hindering me from hearing His voice? I asked God, but I already knew the answer.

God was saying, "Don't let your fear of letting go keep you from responding to my call. Come with me, let's start our journey. You will learn that I can be trusted."

So yeah. It's time.

"As children bring their broken toys
with tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken dreams to God,
because He was my friend.
But then, instead of leaving Him,
in peace, to work alone;
I hung around and tried to help,
with ways that were my own.
At last, I snatched them back and cried, "How can you be so slow?" "My child," He said,
"What could I do?
You never did let go.""

2 comments:

Mark C said...

Very wise and very brave. How can you go wrong when trusting God? The world would be a better place if everyone would do just that. Blessings will come. He promises us that. Love, padre.

arentrouble and her whims said...

its hard to let go of the little control we have, i know. but His plan is better than we can see or understand now, or sometimes ever. Its hard to live by faith, but who are we without it? Be strong ashley!

-jmun